Another hectic work week but it’s the end and also my Birthday, so I took the day off and spent most of it lounging around but decided to pop out for the topcoat later on in the day. I took my son (who is now off for Christmas) and we had a fairly long debate about the colour choice (his was dark Blue Hammerite, mine dark Green). I eventually decided my choice would suffice, so bought a decent sized tin and also a small tin of bright red that I’m going to pick the tailstock handwheel out with.
In the evening I painted the first topcoat on the tailstock, lathe bed, electrics cover and lid. Looks nice! I also painted the tailstock handwheel with red and it looks excellent.